Senate House Library will be closed over the Easter period from Thursday 1st April - Tuesday 6th April inclusive. We will reopen Wednesday 7 April 11am-3pm, resuming covid-19 opening hours of Monday - Thursday 11am-3pm.
- Online services are available.
- The Click and Collect Service is open Monday to Thursday 11am-3pm for pick-up and drop-off (members only, by advance booking, bring your confirmation email). No appointment is required to return books during opening hours.
- Limited study spaces are available, Monday to Thursday, 11am-3pm (members only, via online booking).
- The Special Collections reading room is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11am - 2.45pm (bookings via email).
From 12 April, the Library will be open Mon-Fri 10am-4pm with more study spaces available across floors 4-7. All study space bookings are for 3hrs & must be booked online in advance.
Library Live Chat and email support are provided by staff, weekdays, 9am-5pm.
The returns box at Senate House is available Monday to Friday, 7am-7pm.
We will continue to waive fines for the duration of the lockdown.
There will be no carrel bookings until further notice.
- Senate House Library staff will check your booking on arrival and may change your seat allocation. This is to ensure adequate social distancing & the safest study environment possible for all readers while onsite. If you are exempt from wearing a face mask, we may upgrade your study space to a carrel & advise on alternative ways to access services to minimise the risk of spreading the virus.
The Library is set up to be as Covid-19 safe as possible. This includes socially distanced study spaces, PPE, and sanitisers.
Library users must wear face coverings when using the Library (unless medically exempt). The Library has stock available should readers forget, lose, or break theirs.
Please ensure that you have your Library card and proof of study space booking with you when travelling to the Library.
If you have a question about joining the Library or using our services, please get in touch via Library Live Chat or send an email.