From 12 April, the Library will be open Mon-Fri 10am-4pm with more study spaces available across floors 4-7. All study space bookings are for 3hrs & must be booked online in advance.
You can now browse the open shelves of the Library again, are books are available for onsite study and to borrow in most cases. Please ensure you book a 3-hour study slot to use the library whether you need to stay and study or just browse and borrow. This is to ensure that we can monitor occupancy and avoid over-crowding.
We are providing a Click & Collect Service for offsite study.
You can book a 3 hour study space online in advance. Bookings are processed Monday-Friday. The Library will close promptly at 4pm.
The check in desk (Welcome Desk) is on the 4th floor of Senate House (South Block). Please ensure that you have your booking confirmation and membership card, before going up to the Library.
Here's a short video (3 mins) showing you how it all works and the changes made for your safety.
Key points to remember:
- Access to the Library will not be permitted without a face covering (unless exempt), your email booking confirmation and membership card.
- The number of study spaces available may change at short notice, in response to health and safety precautions.
- Check In & Scan QR code to use your booked study space – we will (only) use check in information to assess demand for space, usage and for urgent service messages while on site.
- You can now browse the open shelves of the Library again, are books are available for onsite study and to borrow in most cases. Please ensure you book a 3-hour study slot to use the library whether you need to stay and study or just browse and borrow. This is to ensure that we can monitor occupancy and avoid over-crowding.
- Visit the 4th floor Service Hall where you can access laptops for use on site via the self-service lockers & printers for scanning/photocopying.
- Wash hands regularly - hand sanitiser is available at all help desks and in the reading rooms
- Always follow social distancing rules, health advice and instructions by staff on site
- Senate House Library staff will check your booking on arrival and may change your seat allocation. This is to ensure adequate social distancing & the safest study environment possible for all readers while onsite. If you are exempt from wearing a face mask, we may upgrade your study space to a carrel & advise on alternative ways to access services to minimise the risk of spreading the virus.
If you have a question about using our services, please get in touch via Library Live Chat or email us at: email@example.com