From Monday 21 September 2020, Senate House Library will open limited study space for members by advance online booking only, Monday to Thursday, 11am-3pm.
You can book a 3 hour study space online in advance (24 hours notice minimum). Bookings processed Monday-Friday. Timed entry slots are in operation Monday–Thursday between the hours of 11am and 2.45pm to help manage social distancing. The Library will close promptly at 3pm.
New temporary SHL Check In Desk on the South Block, Ground Floor of Senate House - on arrival, you will need to go to the new SHL Check In Desk for Study Space and the Click & Collect service (next to the main reception desk) with your booking confirmation and membership card, before going up to the Library.
Here's a short video (3 mins) showing you how it all works and the changes made for your safety.
Key points to remember:
- Access to the Library will not be permitted without a face covering (unless exempt), your email booking confirmation and membership card.
- The number of study spaces available may change at short notice, in response to health and safety precautions.
- Check In & Scan QR code to use your booked study space – we will (only) use check in information to assess demand for space, usage and for urgent service messages while on site.
- All other areas of the Library are closed except for the 4th floor Service Hall where you can access laptops for use on site via the self-service lockers & printers for scanning/photocopying (free until 31 October).
- Only books on the open shelves of the Library are available for study and must be ordered online in advance via Click & Collect (24 hours notice minimum. Bookings processed Monday-Friday) - on site browsing is not permitted.
- Wash hands regularly - hand sanitiser is available at all help desks and in the reading rooms
- Always follow social distancing rules, health advice and instructions by staff on site