All cancellations and amendments requests have to be submitted via email and are subject to 5 working days’ notice, i.e. no refund will be given for the first 5 working days (including weekends, bank and public holidays that fall within the notice period) following the receipt of the request.
Please note that we only make refunds to the payment card you used to make the booking.
Stay Central may levy additional charges to the Client in the following circumstances to cover the cost:-
- of making good or replacing any damage, vandalism or breakage caused by the Client or their party to the Rooms, the contents of the Rooms or the Residence;
- of any substantial cleaning of the Rooms or common rooms that Stay Central considers reasonable as a result of the actions of the Client, its staff or customers;
- of replacing lost or retained keys and, if necessary, replacement locks;
- cost incurred in relation to the misuse of any fire equipment.
- if Stay Central provides the Client with any additional services or there are any additional charges, on the production of an invoice, the Client will pay for these by either the last date of stay or, in the event that Stay Central raise the invoice after the departure date, within 30 days of the date of the invoice.
- Stay Central retains the right to terminate any part of this Agreement, without penalty, in the event of war, famine, earthquake, pestilence, fire, flood, act of Government or any other acts of God rendering the Rooms and/or the Residence uninhabitable.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the rooms comprising the Booking (“the Rooms”) are available from 2pm on the day of arrival, and must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure.
Stay Central reserves the right to charge the Client for extra nights, in accordance with the rates set out above, if any of the Rooms are not fully vacated and ready for servicing by the departure time.
Except by prior agreement, the Client will have non-exclusive access to common room facilities in the Residence, subject to local arrangements. In the event that Stay Central grants the Client access to common room facilities, to the exclusion of any other clients, Stay Central reserves the right for its staff and contractors to access the common room facilities, at all times. In all cases, Stay Central reserves the right to prevent or restrict the Client’s access to common room facilities, for whatever reason.
Breakfast is included in the room rate and is served in the hall’s dining room. Evening meals may be available, if interested in booking evening meals, please enquire at reception on arrival.
The Client does not have exclusive use or occupation of the Rooms. Stay Central reserves the right for its staff, and contractors, to access the Rooms for cleaning or maintenance reasons, to assist in the general management of the Residence or in an emergency situation. Prior notice will be given to the Client, where practicable.
Clean bed linen will be provided for each new arrival. For bookings lasting in excess of seven nights, the Rooms will be serviced and the bed linen changed by Stay Central on a weekly basis (Monday-Friday). Towels are changed on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Stay Central reserves the right to require the Client and its customers to move to an alternative room or rooms, without an additional charge, at any time during the period of the Booking.
Stay Central will provide adequate lighting, water and heating to the Residence, without further charge. Stay Central shall not accept responsibility for interruptions to any public services beyond its reasonable control.
Unless expressly requested by the Client and confirmed by Stay Central in writing, the Rooms will not necessarily have disabled access. Stay Central can provide accessible rooms on some sites, subject to availability. The Client must inform Stay Central if they have limited mobility or any other impairment which may affect their ability to self-evacuate their room in the event of an emergency.
Animals are not allowed in any of our buildings.
All customers are expected to abide by the rules and regulations, to familiarise themselves with the fire escape routes, participate in any fire evacuation practices and comply with any instructions issued by Stay Central in connection with the evacuation of the Residences, whenever a fire alarm is activated.
The Client’s obligations
The Client must take reasonable care of the Rooms, the contents of the Rooms and the Residence and behave as a reasonable and responsible occupier.
The Client is responsible for the control and behaviour of their party whilst on UoL premises, and must provide them with all the relevant information
In particular, the Client, and their party must not:-
- obstruct access to the Rooms;
- remove any of the contents of the Rooms;
- use the Rooms or the Residence for any purpose other than as residential accommodation; specifically, the rooms cannot be used for any illegal purpose;
- have overnight guests, all visitors must leave the hall by 12 midnight;
- generate levels of noise that may disturb other residents;
- act in a way to cause or which is likely to cause disruption or distress to either Stay Central staff, other visitors, student residents or members of the general public or constitute a serious risk to the health, safety or welfare of others or their property;
- allow more than the designated number of individuals to occupy each room.
Additionally, the Client shall ensure that their party complies with Stay Central no smoking policy when on Stay Central property and when outside the entrances or open windows of Stay Central buildings. If any member of the party is found to be smoking in breach of the no smoking policy, Stay Central shall serve the Client with a notice requiring the Client to ensure that the person concerned vacates their room within 24 hours. In such circumstances, the Client shall not be entitled to a refund or compensation but will be liable to pay the sum of £100 [plus VAT] to Stay Central in respect of Stay Central cleaning charges.
Individuals aged under 18 years of age may be accepted to stay in the Residence but must be accompanied by a designated responsible adult.
If the Client or a member of their party is in breach of any of the obligations contained in this document, Stay Central can require the Client to vacate the Rooms and the Residence within 24 hours of Stay Central providing written notice to do so. In such circumstances, the Client shall not be entitled to a refund or compensation.
Payment and alterations to the Booking by the Client
The Client must pay to UoL the full value of the booking when making a booking.
Complaints and matters arising during the Booking
Complaints and maintenance matters including any disrepair, damage or defect affecting the Rooms or their contents, the common room or the Residence must be notified to the Residence reception as soon as possible and will be dealt with by UoL staff or nominated suppliers.
With the exception of reception services during advertised hours of business, the office and administration services of the Residence will not be available to the Client’s staff, guests or officers.
If the Client advertises Stay Central facilities in any of its advertising materials, the materials shall state that Stay Central is in no way sponsoring or approving academically the occasion for which the Booking is being made. Failure to observe this condition may lead to the cancellation of the Booking by Stay Central, or the termination forthwith of any services by Stay Central if the Booking has commenced and any payment made will be forfeited.
Subject to the provision below, Stay Central is not liable for:
- the death of, or injury to the Client, their party; or
- loss or damage to any property of the Client or that of the Client’s party; or
- any losses, claims, demands, actions, proceedings, damages, costs or expenses or other liability incurred by the Client their party in the exercise or purported exercise of the rights granted by the Agreement.
- nothing in this clause shall limit or exclude Stay Central liability for death or personal injury or damage to property caused by negligence on the part of UoL or its employees or agents, any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for Stay Central to exclude or restrict liability.
Stay Central reserves the right to modify or vary any of the terms of this Agreement.
The Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation.
While all reasonable efforts have been taken to ensure the accuracy of information on the Websites, the Company does not accept responsibility for errors or omissions and reserve the right to amend, cancel or vary any of the arrangements featured on the Websites without notice. Please note that in certain circumstances, generic photographic images have been used to represent the general style of a particular product or Hall.
The content of the Websites is the copyright of the Company, and may not be copied, reproduced, published, distributed or amended for any other purpose without our prior written consent.