Test and Trace - for University of London students
Asymptomatic Test Centre at Student Central
Information and guidance for the NHS Test and Trace service at the University of London.
Page last updated: Wednesday 31 March 2021 at 17:00
Easter Opening Hours
The University’s COVID-19 asymptomatic testing site (ATS) at Student Central (Malet Street, WC1 7HY) will be closed from 1-6 April for Easter closure, reopening on Wednedsay 7 April.
Please see Camden website for information regarding alternative local test sites.
From the booking system for the Crowndale Centre (Eversholt Street NW1 1BD), this site appears to be open on Friday 2 April (Good Friday) and Easter Monday (5 April), but closed at the weekend.
From Wednesday 7 April we will re-open revert back to our normal opening hours which are:
- Monday – 8am to 6pm
- Tuesday to Friday – 11am to 6pm
The government has updated its advice to students in the light of the discovery of the more infectious strain of Covid-19 and the introduction of a new national lockdown.
In person teaching at the start of the new term will only be available for a very limited number of subjects, see below. The government’s strong advice is that other students should study remotely in their vacation accommodation wherever possible until at least Mid-February.
This includes students on practical courses not listed below.
Your institution will publish details of a staggered return for remaining students from that date. More detailed information will be published ahead of that date. Halls will be open from the usual dates for those students unable to remain in their vacation accommodation.
On returning to your place of study you should get a test at the UoL Test Centre as soon as possible and avoid all social contact until you receive the result. This is usually within the day.
Students returning on 4 January are restricted to the following practical subjects:
- Medicine & dentistry
- Subjects allied to medicine/health
- Veterinary science
- Education (initial teacher training)
- Social work
- Courses which require Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Body (PSRB) assessments and or mandatory activity which is scheduled for January and which cannot be rescheduled
You should contact your Institution for more details.
Department of Health and Social Care update
- If student or staff have recently (within 90 days) tested positive for COVID-19, they are likely to have developed some immunity.
- These people are exempt from testing by both PCR and LFD within 90 days of a previous positive test, unless they develop new symptoms.
- However, they may choose to take a LFD test after the isolation period. If found positive on LFD test, they will be required to self-isolate for 10 days or longer if symptomatic. This should only be done after completion of the required self-isolation period.
- They are still required to self-isolate if identified as a close contact of a positive case, even if this is within the 90 day window.
The Covid-19 testing site at Student Central reopened on 5 January 2021
In the light of changes to government guidance on the staggered return to university this term, we have revised our booking system to only allow for bookings to made up to eight days in advance. This is to ensure that when students receive details of their return date there are adequate spaces available and appointments have not been pre-booked by students who are not now returning at that date. If you have made a booking for a date more than five days in the future you should cancel it and re-book nearer to your return date. To support the flexibility needed, bookings can now be made up to one hour before the appointment time.
The testing site will provide tests for students returning to education in the new year from 5 January 2021. You can book one or two free tests using the button below. NHS Test and Trace advises you book two, the second three days after the first.
The test is for students who do not have symptoms of COVID-19.
Review the information about returning to your student accommodation after the winter break. You will be able to book a test here.