The UCL Careers team of 60+ staff, supports the career aspirations of 42,000 current students, 5,000 early career researchers plus recent alumni (typically two years post-graduation). 46% of the student body are undergraduates, 40% are postgraduate taught and 14% are postgraduate research students. International students account for 35% of the total, with the student body spanning 150 countries. UCL was rated as silver in the 2018 institutional level TEF and in the REF2014, UCL was rated the top university in the UK for research strength.
UCL Careers offers;
- One-to-one guidance with professional careers consultant including CV and application form checking
- Practice interviews to help students prepare their upcoming recruitment process, including assessment centres
- Help and advice on a wide range of career related queries including career choice and job hunting through one-to-one appointments; workshops and on-line activities
- A range of recruiter events and activities including sector specific job fairs careers fairs (Banking, Finance & Economics; Engineering & Built Environment; IT & Technology; Laws; Life & Health Sciences; Management Consultancy); employer presentations; employer-led skill development activities; sector themed weeks (Charities & NGOs; Government & Policy; International Development; Life & Health Sciences; Media; Museums, Arts & Cultural Heritage; Sustainability) and a number of events within specific academic departments
- Bespoke careers consultant-led and employer-led programmes for Researchers (PhD students and early career researchers)
- Extensive jobs board and internship schemes for UK and global opportunities